Thursday, May 25, 2006

My lack of recent posts

My lack of recent reviews here has not been the result of my giving up on reviewing or this blog. Rather, it's been due to the fact that I've been so busy with our move that I haven't read much. I've been instead busily unpacking for most of the last two weeks; I think I have about another week to go.

I have read a little. I read The Jupiter Theft, a Marcus Didius Falco novel by Lindsey Davis. This series is a fine set of mysteries set in Rome in about A.D. 70. They are a fine mix of humor and hard-boiled detection, and Davis seems to know her history pretty well.

I've seen few movies, other than Akeelah and the Bee, which was a lot of fun, and featured a number of fine performances -- some by well known actors like Laurence Fishburne and others by relative unkowns like Keke Palmer, who plays the title character. This weekend, we plan to go and see the new X-Men film.

Anyway, expect more in a week or two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home